Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Of Subscription Technologies and Asian Philosophers

pundit n. 1. A Brahman scholar or learned man. 2. Used as a title of respect for a learned man in India. Linguistic origins in Hindi, Sanskrit and possibly Dravidian.

This blog, named for my syndication pundit aspirations, is commissioned using the famous quote attributed to two of the great Chinese philosophers--Confucius and Lao-tzu--one of whom said:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

A fitting description for the first entry in this ongoing journey of mine, I think.

A little over a month ago, I attended the Blog Business Summit in San Francisco. My purpose in attending was to better understand business blogs in general, and subscription technology strategies in the specific.

Among the many interesting conversations I enjoyed while attending, I had the opportunity to sit next to two bright and engaging individuals: Chris Pirillo and Rajesh Setty. During the lulls between two morning tracks, we engaged in a very interesting conversation about the need for corporations to understand and capitalize on RSS. As the ideas flew about in those few moments, I decided there and then to create this blog as my content management system (in the words of Blog Business Summit presenter and blog notable Dave Taylor) to share what I have already learned and will continue to learn in this already six month long journey of exploring the phenomenon of subscription.

Please join me and share with the blogosphere as we learn how to make subscription technologies work for companies and individuals from the industry's best (or at least most outspoken) voices on the subject.

Be sure to wear a pair of comfortable shoes for the trip.

5 Comments:

At September 28, 2005 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Kip. Enjoyed meeting you and I am honored by the mention.

Have a great day there!

Raj

 
At September 28, 2005 11:18 AM, Blogger Dave Taylor said...

Kip, welcome from me too. Now let's see what you do with it. :-)

 
At September 28, 2005 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on kicking this off, Kip! Having worked with you in the technology space over the years, I am confident you'll create something of real value and make a meaningful contribution to the blogosphere.

I'll be watching, and taking issue with you when you're dead wrong ;-).

Good luck!

Ray Ivins
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Card Access, Inc.

 
At September 28, 2005 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kip and good luck. It's great to see you blogging.

 
At October 24, 2005 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with this. Although a lot of this stuff is over my head I'll be reading on a regular basis. It will be fun to see the progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.