Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Pay No Attention to the Man behind the Curtain: Silver Anniversary Delay of Game

Producing podcasts is easy. Producing quality podcasts is not.


Almost two weeks ago my day before Thanksgiving post told you to "watch for something completely different on RSS Pundit" the week following. My last post for the month of November mentioned my plans for giving you a "Silver Anniversary gift" in association with my twenty-fifth entry.

Well, as they say: 'The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.'

One of the classic marketing blunders (right up there with "Never get involved in a land war in Asia.") is to over promise and under deliver. My afore-mentioned teasers have caused me to do just that. I should have known, as my significant other can attest to my miserable track record of raising expectations and then failing to deliver the goods on memorable occasions like birthdays and anniversaries and such.

So, for credibility's sake, I'm now forced to tell you what I am working on before it's ready for prime time.

If all goes well, this week will hail the RSS Pundit's first podcast on Apple iTunes. Once all of my post production work is done, these podcasts will be a weekly occurrence. The format involves interviews with people in the syndication technology trenches. Many gracious experts have agreed to provide their insights in podcast format. It's going to be a great resource for your syndication marketing toolkit.

Now, the embarassing part: I completely underestimated the time it takes to get a quality podcast production up and running. (Sounds like the RSS Pundit himself could use an interview with a podcasting great, eh?)

As the raison d'etre for this blog is to provide useable information on syndication marketing, I will--once the first podcast is published--provide you with a post mortem of sorts to help you avoid some of the delays I encountered. I've learned much about producing podcasts. I've also learned how not to do a lot of things relative to producing podcasts.

I'm confident this information will be as useful as one of the podcasts itself (if you're considering podcasting as part of your syndication marketing strategy, that is). Hopefully I'll share something that will accelerate your execution and speed to market.

Happy (Stinkin’) Silver Anniversary!

1 Comments:

At December 06, 2005 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm excited to how it turns out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.