Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Take a Look at Me Now

People will create inbound links to worthwhile content you've probably already written. Repurposing articles for syndication can connect you with larger audiences who want to read your stuff...


Some of the best advice I ever received before starting RSS Pundit was to be patient, be persistent, and provide worthwhile content. Doing this, I was told, would help me beat the odds of being an irrelevant voice, and deliver an audience. In RSS Pundit's third month, I am amazed at the conversations and learning my blogging efforts have generated for me, and the growth in subscriptions and hits that have occurred.

Each of those memorable conversations has started around meaningful content--someone else's content that is meaningful to me, or some of my content that is meaningful to someone else. While you are working on messaging and content in support of your syndication and subscription strategy, remember you probably already have some very compelling content to provide to your target audience.

Your published quality stuff, according to Internet marketing expert Sally Falkow, can help customers look for and find you--accomplished by delivering articles as part of your syndication strategy. See her November 1st post on the subject.

While my blog's content consists of original posts, I have a lot of material I have already produced that isn't as well suited for blogging format. I am now working to repurpose this into articles to place on my blog along side of my posts. I have great expectations from this effort in terms of the increased audience it will bring to the Pundit.

Falkow's blog (she has three of them actually) provides many excellent insights into creating voice, community, and driving traffic to you. I highly recommend it.

Doing what other smart people are doing with syndication will help you succeed against all odds and get people to take a look at what you have to say.

1 Comments:

At November 08, 2005 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kip, you could never become irrelevant..........

Grant

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.