Monday, January 02, 2006

It Hurts So Good--My Seven New Year's Resolutions for 2006

It may be cliché, but I'm gonna do it all the same...


Happy New Year from the RSS Pundit!

I am a big believer in the principle of enrollment: sharing with others whom you trust the things you wish to accomplish so they can bother you just enough to help you get things done that really matter. My friend Rajesh Setty shared this principle of enrollment with me in August of 2005, and it changed my life.

So, making use of enrollment, and in keeping with that long-standing, self-flagellating tradition--here are my Seven New Year's Resolutions for 2006:

1. Be a more relevant voice in syndication technology
2. Post four times a week
3. Use a 50/50/60 posting methodology (50% research/50% writing/60 minutes to finish)
4. Figure out my podcasts in January
5. Make more comments on the meaningful syndication technology conversations
6. Get the industry to provide the technology to make comments as much a part of the feedosphere as blog posts
7. Extend the reach of the RSS Pundit to all 50 states (currently read in 26) and to 50 countries (currently read in 15)


Hold my feet to the fire with love, please; and may 2006 bring us increased happiness, prosperity and success as we accomplish stuff we planned to in advance.

What are your syndication-related resolutions for 2006? Take a chance and enroll us in your aspirations...

1 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 11:52 AM, Blogger chels said...

Fascinating blog, Dad. Even though I'm definitely not "in tune" with the business blogging world, a lot of the stuff you write about is really relevent to the "blog for entertainment/expression" crowd as well.

I need to get more on the ball with fixing up mine.

Also, remind me to thank Mr. Setty for giving expanding your parental-discussion-topic field. -=wink=-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.