Wednesday, February 01, 2006

'State of the Blog Address'--The RSS Pundit's First 120 Days

If you're skeptical about syndication as a communications medium, consider these statistics from my first 'State of the Blog' address...



My fellow readers, thank you for joining me for the first of what I hope to be many 'State of the Blog' addresses.

Today I celebrate the amazing growth of this thing called The RSS Pundit.

I type here an amazed man. Having just passed the 120 day milestone in this effort/experiment, I happily report to you the readers The RSS Pundit is healthy (in spite of a very rough January) and growing, and a success by every measure I conceived before beginning the effort.



As of 31 January 2006, the global readership already spans 16 countries, including the United States of America. The top five countries being the USA (79%), the United Kingdom (7%), Canada (4%), the Philippines and Taiwan (each with 1%), and 11 other nations (8%).



In the United States, the readership is found in 33 of 50 states, with the top six states (a three-way tie for slot number four) being California (14%), Utah (9%), New York (8%), Texas (7%), Massachusetts (7%), Washington (7%), and the remaining 27 states (48%).

And all of this has occurred in only four months and with just short of 40 posts...

As one who has worked in the high technology sector for almost 20 years in a variety of capacities including product management, public relations, product marketing, business development and sales, I must say I have never enjoyed any success on this scale in this short of time on an operating budget of zero. All I have done is write about what I think, and about what others think for four months, and my 'voice' is now heard on every continent except Antarctica.

Would you count a four month public relations effort with these results a success? If you are intellectually honest, I believe you must answer 'yes.'

Would you count a four month marketing effort with these results a success? If you are intellectually honest, I believe you must answer 'yes.'

Would you count a four month sales channel development effort with these numbers a success? If you are intellectually honest, I believe you must answer 'yes.'

They say "numbers don't lie." And while they don't tell the entire story, they do paint a very encouraging picture for me in this journey called The RSS Pundit.

Thank you for doing your part by reading and sharing your ideas and your voice. I continue to learn and grow in the experience.

1 Comments:

At February 02, 2006 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I think it's great that you are seeing such success with this endeavor. I've really enjoyed hearing what you have to say and it's been fun to learn about this technology.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.